License Bureau

The Grant County License Bureau closed ON mONDAY nOVEMBER 30TH..

The office will re-open on TUESDAY, dECEMBER 1ST. at 8:00 A.M.

Please check the MN State DMV website for available resources.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

If you are unsure about current protocol, please call ahead.

Thank you for your cooperation, as we continue to work together during these unprecedented times.

  • The Grant County Board of Commissioners

 Duties & Services

The License Bureau provides the following services:

  • DNR recreational vehicles involving the licensing and transfer of ownership and tiling of vehicles if required ( watercraft)

  • Drivers license applications, renewals, duplicates and identification card

  • Motor vehicle registration

  • Out of state vehicles and transfers of ownership

  • Renewals

You will need a current driver's license, ID or instruction permit, when you come in to renew. If you are under 18 years old, you will need to have your legal parent or legally-appointed guardian to sign the application and you will need to know, or have, your social security number. If there is a change of name, you will need certified documents showing this change (such as Certified Marriage Certificate, Certified Divorce Decree, or Certified Court Order). 

Making A Payment

  • Payments can be made by cash or personal / company checks with proper ID.

  • Checks are made out to: Grant County License Bureau

Please note: We do not accept two-party checks or county checks and the payment must be made by vehicle owner(s) with ID and this office does not accept credit or debit cards