Duties & Services
The License Bureau provides the following services:
DNR recreational vehicles involving the licensing and transfer of ownership and tiling of vehicles if required ( watercraft)
Drivers license applications, renewals, duplicates and identification card
Motor vehicle registration
Out of state vehicles and transfers of ownership
You will need a current driver's license, ID or instruction permit, when you come in to renew. If you are under 18 years old, you will need to have your legal parent or legally-appointed guardian to sign the application and you will need to know, or have, your social security number. If there is a change of name, you will need certified documents showing this change (such as Certified Marriage Certificate, Certified Divorce Decree, or Certified Court Order).
Making A Payment
Payments can be made by cash or personal / company checks with proper ID.
Checks are made out to: Grant County License Bureau
Please note: We do not accept two-party checks or county checks and the payment must be made by vehicle owner(s) with ID and this office does not accept credit or debit cards.
For additional information and requirements on the items below, visit the Driver's License Transactions page.
- New to state
- Identification requirements
- Duplicate driver license
- Identification cards
- New graduated driver license law
- Instruction permits
- Provisional licenses (under 18 years) / restricted farm work license
- CDL driver licenses
- Driver examination testing times / dates
- Enhanced driver's license / ID cards @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Out of state title transfers
- New to state applicants
- Minnesota title transfers / liens
- Heavy use tax form / 2290: usdot number
- Non-titled vehicles (perm reg. trailers)
- Duplicate titles / plates / stickers
- @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>