*Longer Wait Times May Occur In October*
Please expect longer wait times in October. This is due to new driver’s license and identification card system and requirements for those choosing to obtain a REAL DL/ID.
Minnesota residents are NOT required to change their driver’s license/identification card on October 1, 2018. A standard driver’s license or ID is acceptable for domestic air travel until October 2020.
*Changes Coming In 2020 to Driver's Licenses and ID Cards*
Starting October 2020, if you don’t have a passport, you will need to have either a REAL ID or an enhanced driver’s license or ID for domestic air travel. At that time, a standard driver’s license or ID will no longer be valid for domestic air travel.
Checks are made out to: Grant County License Bureau
Please note: We do not accept two-party checks or counter checks and the payment must be made by vehicle owner(s) with ID and this office does not accept credit or debit cards.
- New to state
- Identification requirements
- Duplicate driver license
- Identification cards
- New graduated driver license law
- Instruction permits
- Provisional licenses (under 18 years) / restricted farm work license
- CDL driver licenses
- Driver examination testing times / dates
- Enhanced driver's license / ID cards @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Out of state title transfers
- New to state applicants
- Minnesota title transfers / liens
- Heavy use tax form / 2290: usdot number
- Non-titled vehicles (perm reg. trailers)
- Duplicate titles / plates / stickers
- @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>