Children's Mental Health
Children’s Mental health services are aimed at supporting and improving children's emotional well-being and development, their relationships with family and friends, and their ability to get along with others and function effectively at home, in school, and in the community.
Grant County Social Services Children's Mental Health service area coordinates an extensive network of assessment, treatment, and supportive services for children and teens with mental health needs. These services include diagnostic assessments, individual and family therapy, in-home counseling and skills training, day treatment, and case management.
Case management services are activities designed to help the child with severe emotional disturbance and the child's family obtain needed mental health services, recreational services and related services in the areas of volunteer services, advocacy, transportation and legal services.
Case management services include assisting and obtaining a comprehensive diagnostic assessment, if needed, developing a functional assessment, developing an individual family community support plan and assisting the child and the child's family in obtaining needed services by coordination with other agencies and assuring continuity of care. Case managers must assess the delivery and effectiveness of services over time.
- Angry, belligerent behavior
- Behavior that is harmful to self, others, animals or property
- Difficulty concentrating
- Drop in school productivity
- Extreme weight gain or loss
- Feelings of anxiety, panic or fear
- Frequent feelings of depression, unhappiness or despair. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
- Frequent periods of confusion or forgetfulness
- Inability to make friends with other children
- Inability to relax
- Lack of interest in family, friends or activities
- Need for constant reassurance
- Recurring or significant moon swings
- Unexplained persistent headaches or stomach pains @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>