Legal Non-Licensed Child Care Provider License

When you provide child care you are required to be licensed unless you meet certain exemptions. If you meet those exemptions, you do not need to become licensed. However, if you are providing care for any child and are hoping to be paid through the County's child care assistance program, you must first become Legally Non-Licensed in order to receive payments. This is the case even when the child is a relative.

The child care providers who are exempt from licensing are those who are caring for related children, or relatives in addition to only children from one family that is not related. "Related" means a spouse, a parent, a natural or adopted child or stepchild, a stepparent, a stepbrother, a stepsister, a niece, a nephew, an adoptive parent, a grandparent, a sibling, an aunt, an uncle, or a legal guardian. More information is available upon request. Again, if you are to be paid by the county for providing care, first you must be Legally Non-Licensed.

For information on how to apply to become a legal non-licensed child care provider contact Grant County Social Services.

Legal Non-licensed Provider Registration and Acknowledgement Form