Please follow the steps below to begin the background study process.
- Request Applicant Initiated Instruction Form from County Licensor. These forms are provider specific.
- Print the . Complete the form and turn it into the County Licensor along with a copy of an acceptable form on ID.
- Follow the instructions on the Applicant Initiated Instruction Form (received via email or mail after request). Enter your information into the
- Ensure all fees associated with the Background Study are paid so the process may continue.
- Notify County Licensor that a Background Study has been initiated in the DHS NETStudy Portal.
- County Licensor must receive the Data Collection Form and copy of ID before being able to proceed.
- You will receive an email notification that the Fingerprinting Authorization Form is available.
- Log into to retrieve the Fingerprint Authorization Form.
- You will need to bring this form, as well as an ID to a to complete this portion.
- Grant County Social Services location is available: Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays 8am-3:30pm
- There is a $9.10 fee associated with the fingerprinting. This may be paid by credit or debit card ahead of time . OR you may pay by check or Money Order written out to Gemalto at the time of fingerprinting.
- You only have 14 days to complete the fingerprint and photo portion once you receive the email.
- After fingerprints have been completed you will receive an email notifying you when the study determination is available. Provide this information to the provider you are associated with.