License Plates

Duplicate Titles / Plates / Year Stickers
Record owner must come in and complete an application for Duplicate Title or Duplicate Plates / Stickers with identification. Form can be obtained at the state website. 

Special License Plates
Personalized, collector / pioneer, Critical Habitat's, Support the Troops, Veteran's Plates (need DD214), Fire Fighter (need signed certificate from Chief of Fire Department on letterhead paper), amateur radio and Citizen's Band Radio (need license), volunteer ambulance, ex-POW plates, and collegiate plates. 

To obtain a special plate, please present the current registration card for vehicle that a special plate is being applied for and any required additional documents. Some of the special plates have additional fees attached to the registration. 

Non-Titled Transfers
Some Perm Registered trailers do not have a certificate of title and some do. If there isn't a title, the owner should have a state issued registration card or some documentation showing ownership. These trailers need to be transferred if they are sold. You will need to present a legal bill of sale signed by the previous owner, giving a description of the trailer, license number, date of sale, and the sale price.

Disability Certificates / Plates
You will need to present a health professional's certificate of disability on the Disability Form and the applicant will complete the top portion of the Certificate. There is a form for obtaining Disability Plates where the health professional will certify the disability. The plates are assigned to Permanent Disability and have to be owner of the vehicle. One set of plates and one Disability Certificate is allowed or may have two Disability Certificates. Forms are available on the state website or can be picked up at our office.

View renewal information