- Land Management
- Agricultural Inspector
Commercial Applicator Testing
The Grant County Office of Land Management provides the location for Commercial Applicator Testing. By calling the office, a scheduled test time will be confirmed. Usual testing times are either 9 a.m. or 1 p.m.
Grant County administers test online, thru the Minnesota Department of Agriculture. Results are given to the applicant and sent to Department of Ag. Study materials are available through the University of Minnesota bookstore.
Questions on applicator likening and How to guide can be found on the Minnesota Department of Agriculture website.
The Grant County Agricultural Inspector participates in the collection of seed samples, in order to comply with Minnesota Seed Law.
Noxious Weed Control
The MDA Noxious Weed Program's goal is to protect Minnesota's citizens, economy, and agricultural and natural resources from the negative impacts of invasive plants and noxious weeds. The Noxious Weed Program supports local governments enforcing the noxious weed law.
Minnesota Noxious Weeds 2023 PDF
Please follow the steps below to file a weed complaint:
- Contact Township Supervisor
- If Township needs assistance resolving weed issue, contact Grant County Ag Inspector
- Verbal or written notice is given to landowner
- A timeline is given to remove noxious weeds
- If noxious weeds are not taken care of by the land owner, the County will then proceed to eradicate them with the expense being assessed to the property
Feedlots are regulated by the Minnesota Pollution Control Agency .