How can I prevent tax forfeiture?
The homeowner is eligible to pay all delinquent taxes and fees or enter into a payment agreement by "confessing" judgment. Full payment or the confession of judgment can be done any time after the taxes become delinquent and up until the redemption period ends. By confessing judgment the homeowner agrees to pay the entire judgment and gives up any right to contest the delinquent amount. To enter into a "confession of judgment", the homeowner must pay one-tenth of the delinquent taxes, penalties and fees and full payment of current year tax and penalty. This payment plan replaces the redemption period and must be paid in a 10-year installment plan.

Show All Answers

1. When will I receive my property tax statement?
2. When are property taxes due?
3. Can I make a partial payment on my current year taxes?
4. What if my property tax payment is late?
5. What is Tax Forfeiture?
6. When do property taxes become delinquent?
7. What is the difference between past due and delinquent taxes?
8. What is the tax forfeiture process?
9. What is the redemption period?
10. How can I prevent tax forfeiture?
11. What if I overpay my taxes?
12. Can the amount of property tax due on my tax statements be different from the amount on my proposed tax notice?
13. What is a Special Assessment?
14. Buying or Selling Property?
15. Purchase a property and tax statement is in old owners name?
16. Payment deadline in office or postmark?
17. What is a Property Identification Number (PIN)?
18. How can I tell what city or township my property is in from my PIN?
19. Taxes are $100.00 or less?
20. Qualification for Property Tax refund?
21. How do I change my address?